- Because I consistently hammer down the benefits of exercise here on my blog I felt that I should point out that the Kizie Blog offered a nice introduction to fitness centers for first timers in her post titled: Your First Time In A Fitness Center? The post ironed out a lot of the basic assumptions, etiquette, and things to consider for the first time gym rat. I know many people, myself included won’t go out of their way to a gym or pay for it, but for those that can’t get the motivation to work out at home, the gym has to be a part of your routine.
- Another article from this carnival that I found particularly notable despite it’s brevity was Keeping Up The Metabolism from the GetFitBlog. This post is about a 1 min read and I recommend it as a brief inspiration for overall wellness. The article compares people today to those who lived in the 1800’s and sees that their diet and lifestyle kept them thin as few of them were overweight. Portion control and moderate activity are staples according to the GetFitBlog.
Additional ReadingI’ve also noted a few good reads from my RSS Reader which I’d like to point out. These are well worth your time if you choose to read them. Just let the authors know what you think when you get there.
- Heartstrong describes what exactly is Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- NutritionData shows us that CRP doesn’t Cause Heart Disease only helps predict it.
- Healthy Fellow describes the healthy attributes of coconut juice – this seems to be a natural extension of my short essay on coconut oil linked to above.
Thanks for reading and please use the social sharing buttons at the bottom of my posts from time to time. Sharing is caring. :)